Monday, April 18, 2011

Goodbye

It's always sad saying goodbye to a friend, and today was no exception when the kids and I drove Jeanne to the airport this morning. It was fun to have a visitor and it got me out and about to see more of Seattle than I'd normally see. So, feeling rather blue, the kids and I had a quiet day. After the airport, we had an early lunch and then went to Cowen Park playground, one of Genna's favorites. Then, just about the time that I should have started making dinner, I came down with a bad stomach ache. It was really my own fault. As I was breaking down the box of cupcakes for recycling and about to compost the last remaining cupcake, I decided it was too pretty to compost, so I ate it. Mistake. So, instead of making dinner, I sat in the playroom with the kids, hoping my tummy ache would go away and telling Noah on the phone that he'd have to come up with something for dinner. He told me he thought about dinner the entire walk home and couldn't come up with any ideas that would be simple and quick enough and would not require going to the supermarket. So, we went out to eat, and I'm glad we did. We went to a Japanese restaurant and both kids ate a great bento box meal. I had a simple rice noodle dish and my stomach felt a lot better.

Jonah loved his bento box

So did Genna

Getting ready for bed


Kisses from daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment