With Jeanne gone and Jonah still sick, we had another quiet day. I took Genna to Jonah's music class today since she is on spring break this week. Class today really exemplified the age and maturity difference between the two kids. Genna sat quietly on her mat and listened intently to the teacher during the class. She banged on her drum to the correct beat and followed the instructions from the teacher such as walking in a circle to the left, then right, then to the center. Jonah, as usual, got excited about getting the musical eggies and scarves from the teacher's bag and wondered off to the chalkboard and ballet balance bar a few times.
After class and about a half hour at the playground, we went to Whole Foods. Jonah ate at least an entire orange, a dozen grapes, and some grapefruit samples while in the store. I'm so glad the samples were out today because he would have never made it through the store without them.
Jonah took a good nap and Genna did not nap at all while I started experimenting again with bread. Today's bread showed an improvement since the last time I made it. As long as I'm improving, I'm happy. I also experimented with a couple new recipes: grapefruit avocado salad and leek and potato soup. The soup was good enough for me to want to make it again. I really like the freshness of the grapefruit in a salad, but the salad needs a little more experimentation.
 |
| Grapefruit, avocado and arugula salad with fresh bread |
 |
| The upper half of my bread has the beautiful big holes, I need to somehow get the bottom half of the bread to look the same way |
I forgot to take a picture of the potato leak soup, but it just looked like any other white smooth soup. It did however taste good enough for me to write down the recipe and keep it. A bit of truffle oil (inspired by the Savour Seattle tour I took Sunday) and some smoked pepper added a little something special to the soup.
No comments:
Post a Comment