Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cold and rainy

Just when I think we've turned a corner with the weather, we have a day like today: cold and very rainy. This morning was tolerable, at least tolerable enough to go to the zoo. Jeanne, Jonah and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo, and got some very good looks at a couple dozen animals. Jonah was very impressed with the elephants, especially the elephant that pooped. I told Jonah that she pooped on a giant elephant potty (it was really just a sunken area in the elephant's bathing room). Jonah kept repeating to himself "elephant poop on the potty." Hopefully this is encouragement for Jonah to do his business on the potty. I'm so glad I got the zoo membership because even though I'm not crazy about looking at all the animals, the Woodland Park Zoo is such a nice place to walk and spend a morning with kids.

By the time we came home for lunch, our cold but tolerable weather turned into one of the coldest downpours we've had here. It was one of those bone-chilling rains that make you want to curl up next to a radiator with a cup of hot chocolate and a trashy romance novel. Instead, we went to Blaise's fourth birthday party. The party was at Blaise's house and Genna had a blast. She loves to dress up and there must have been forty different outfits for Genna to try on. Fortunately she stopped at her fifth outfit, but it makes me think that I have to get here a bunch of dress up clothes for home. Along with costumes, there were frilly dresses and accessories. I'm looking forward being reunited with my sewing machine. I have to be careful about all these things that I'm looking forward to back in Baltimore because I need to spend the next three months enjoying and exploring Seattle because before I know it, my Seattle days will be over and I'll be in Baltimore for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment