Friday, April 29, 2011

One hundred

Today is my 100th blog. I'm actually a bit lucky that I noticed that today because I rarely look at my blog number. I'm pretty sure that I haven't missed a day since I began blogging, and I'm over the halfway point, since we have less than three months left here in Seattle. I'm not sure if I should be proud of this accomplishment, or perhaps a little disappointed in myself that I haven't found another hobby in my life to replace the fifteen to thirty minutes I spend each evening blogging on my computer.
Happy 100th blog to me! Here's me blogging away tonight.


At Genna's gymnastics this morning, the schedules were being posted for their summer sessions. It made me sad to think that this will be Genna's last session at Seattle Gymnastics Academy. I really like the academy and the coach, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to find something similar in Baltimore. The worst part is that Genna loves it so much, I think that she's really going to miss it.

After gymnastics, we went to a playground and then met Noah for lunch at our usual spot, Aqua Verde. I try so hard to not replicate restaurants while we're here for such a short time, but I just love Aqua Verde's sweet hot salsa and their fish tacos. The next time we go there I'm definitely asking what they put in their salsa so I can try to come up with some sort of replication to enjoy when we're back in Baltimore.

Jonah with Aqua Verde black bean soup on his face

Jonah eagerly wanting more black bean soup. Noah opted to spoon feed Jonah the soup; he can't feed it to Jonah fast enough.

Genna insisted on taking off here long sleeved shirt and wearing just her tank top underneath. I insisted that she keep the long sleeved shirt on. We compromised by taking one arm out of the sleeve.

Noah trying to clean the black bean soup off of Jonah's face. I think this was the point that Noah asked me to stop taking pictures and help clean up Jonah. 
Well, I didn't watch THE wedding this morning. I did wake up pretty early, but opted to roll over and get more sleep and then watch it on YouTube later. When I woke up I watched the six minute recap on CNN, but the experience was quite poor compared to watching the whole thing from beginning to end. Six minutes didn't give me any time to build up any anticipation or excitement, nor did I get to here the music and trumpets. I watched a few other "special" recap videos too, such as a few special entrances and the God Save the Queen (abridged) song, but again, there was no "experience" for me like it had been with Charles and Di's wedding. Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait another 35 years for another big royal wedding. I did enjoy a lot of the Facebook chatter on the topic. My favorite comments were "I hope this puts an end to all the strapless wedding dresses." And, "Harry looked much better than his brother in his uniform." Yep, that red and blue uniform looked a bit ridiculous in our day and age. The bride gets to have the world's fashion elite design her a dress and the poor groom has to wear some hundred year old bad color combo.

My other big news for the day was that I saw a vintage light blue Chevette, just like the one I drove when I got my driver's license. Looked like it was in great condition. I didn't think it was possibly that any of those could still be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment