I was thrilled with my bread when I took it out of the oven tonight. The loaf was light, the crust was absolutely perfect, and the first cut into it was beautiful. I thought that I had finally done it. I thought that I had created the perfect loaf until I cut a little further into the loaf and found a GIANT hole in it. Uggh. But, at least I now have hope that I can create the loaf I've been striving for.
 |
| Beautiful, isn't it? |
 |
| AHHHHH!! It looks like a giant catfish. I actually hesitated to upload this photo. It's a little embarrassing. |
I also made tapa (singular) tonight too. I made meatballs with an almond white wine sauce. Noah and I thought it was pretty good, but Genna did not. But, she did at least eat hers. Both of the kids polished off their bread.
Since the weather was supposed to be nice today, I took the kids to a playground and then the zoo. Genna would have been happy all day at the playground, but I thought the zoo might be fun for the kids too.
 |
| Genna calls this the giant swirly thing. |
 |
| Jonah playing king of the hill |
 |
| I pretended to take a picture of Genna (left), but I really took a picture of the woman (right) in the giant parka with the Siberian hat. She was truly the only person sensibly dressed for the weather. Genna and I were freezing cold at the zoo. |
 |
| For the first time, Genna seemed genuinely excited about an animal and asked me for my camera so she could take a picture. Not a bad photo for a four-year-old. |
No comments:
Post a Comment