I read (most of) the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. One of the points that the author makes is that after a long day or during stressful times, men go into a cave, meaning they want to be left along for a little while to sort through things by themselves. Women, in this same circumstance, want to talk things out. I've found that Noah and I tend to be the opposite of this. I prefer to go into a cave and Noah needs to talk and talk and talk. It will be fun to discover if Genna and Jonah fit into these social norms. So far, Genna is a talker. She's constantly talking and always needs someone to talk to. I don't know if this is a phase of hers because other parents tell me that their children talk a lot, or if Genna will turn out to be a talker like Noah.
Jonah tries to talk. He's behind in his pronunciation, at least he's behind compared to Genna. He does chatter a bit, and I can understand about 60% of what he's saying, but I do think he is a quieter child than Genna. As far as the "cave," Jonah demonstrated today that he likes a cave, literally. Genna had to go into their bedroom while Jonah was taking his nap; she was going in the room to change clothes, of course. When she was finished, she told me that Jonah was sleeping inside the dog carrier. For Christmas, Jonah got a stuffed dog (now his favorite stuffed animal) and a little carrying case for the dog. There is a nice tag inside the carrying case and Jonah found a way to put his head and half his body in the carrier, suck his thumb and hold the tag. I'm sure it's a cosy little spot to take a nap. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem like the safest way to sleep so I'm going to have to take it away from him when he naps. I hope he doesn't cry too much.
 |
| Jonah sleeping inside the dog carrier. He also managed to fit his blue pillow inside too. |
 |
| Genna felt that Jonah needed a blanket and another dog on top to keep him warm |
My kiddos are such cute little cave dwellers and talkers.
ReplyDelete