I did the Noah-thing tonight. I took the kids out to dinner at a fine dining restaurant by myself. Last week I took a French cooking class and the chef owns a local restaurant. During the class I asked if the restaurant was "kid-friendly," and he said that it was. The menu looked good, so the three of us got into the minivan and headed down to Capital Hill to enjoy dinner at Olivar restaurant.
I made a reservation at 5:00 so that I didn't have to give the kids a snack and we'd be finishing our dinner by the time the main dinner crowd arrived (just incase the kids started screaming and throwing their food). As it turned out, the kids were great at the restaurant. Genna decided what we should order: the cheese plate and scallops. The white soft cheese and the flat bread was a hit with the kids, but I ended up eating the blue cheese, the yellow cheese, and the onion marinated in some sort of apple jelly. After I finished the onion, Genna was happy to soak up the apple jelly with her bread. Jonah refused to eat his scallops, but as soon as the waitress put the bread and olive oil in front of Jonah, there was no happier boy in the world. Genna devoured her scallops as well as one of mine, so my dinner comprised of cheese and one scallop. After a while Jonah began to lose a little patience, and a couple of crayons and a truck went flying off the table, but I was able to regain his interest with the promise of ice cream.
 |
| Jonah finds a truck |
 |
| Genna took her shoes off, but doesn't like walking on the mulch |
 |
| Jonah finds another truck |
 |
| Jonah finds a tricycle |
 |
| Genna's wind-blown look |
 |
The playground recently got their delivery of sand for the season, but they left it in a huge pile instead of spreading it around the sand pit.
Note the smooth ditch going from the top to the bottom of the pile of sand.... |
 |
| ....this bum created the ditch |
 |
| Jonah trying to get the last bit of dessert off of his plate |
 |
| Genna cleaning up the crayons after dinner |
I definitely would not call the restaurant "kid-friendly," but it worked out well tonight. There are somedays I'd rather go hungry than eat at another hamburger joint with the kids.
Well done with the kids! Isn't it fun taking them out to a nice restaurant?
ReplyDelete