It was a really beautiful day here. Jonah and I went to the beach this morning, Golden Garden, and it was fabulous. We saw a herd of sea lions and found a couple of pretty shells to take home and give to Genna. I think the temperature got up to about 63 degrees and it was sunny. As I looked around the beach, I found it interesting the wide range of clothes that people felt appropriate for sixty-three and sunny. I was wearing black corduroys, a long-sleeved t-shirt and a thin fleece, and I felt quite comfortable. However, I could see how shorts and a t-shirt (no fleece) could be comfortable if you were walking briskly (sans toddler). Shorts and t-shirt would not be appropriate if you were just watching your child at the play structure; the woman who wore this wrapped a blanket around herself to keep warm; she looked ridiculous. Still, the shorts and no shirt seemed okay for the 30-somthings playing volleyball. There was what looked like a elementary school field trip that was searching for shells and other sea stuff. Most of the kids were wearing thin pants and shirts and their rubber rain boots. Before moving to Seattle, I would have never thought to wear rain boots to the beach, but that fashion is quite popular here. And, honestly, it does make sense. It's too cold to go barefoot, and even if I could, I'm not sure I'd want to be walking through the low tide rocks and sea junk in my bare feet.
After the beach, Jonah took a good nap, we had dinner and even went to another playground before bedtime. After a beautiful day like today, it really is a bit scary how easily I forget how miserable the weather was just three days ago.
 |
| Noah still has my camera. Hopefully he'll remember to give it back to me tomorrow. I was tired of taking the same PhotoBooth pictures of myself, so I found a couple of old ones of Jonah. He looks much trimmer in these photos taken around a year ago. |
 |
| His thighs are much chunkier now. |
No comments:
Post a Comment