Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shorter blogs for 5 days

I'm challenging myself to not complain or comment about the weather for five days. I was going to make the challenge an entire week, but decided that would be just way too difficult. Besides, what's a weekend if I can't complain about the weather?

So, other than the weather today, we went to our Tuesday music class. Jonah was pretty good during class. I think he finally started to realize that the music class teacher is "Katie." I always tell him that we are "going to music class with Miss Katie," but I think that today was the first time he really understood it before, during, and after class. I underestimate how much the little guy really understands. When Genna was getting ready for bed she started crying (hysterically) because she had something in her eye. I was in another room doing something and Noah asked if I could get a wet washcloth for Genna. As I walked into Genna's room to find out what was going on, Jonah came running in behind me with a wet washcloth. We were all astonished. Not only was he very concerned about his big sister, but he thumped his way over to the bathroom, moved the step stool so he could reach the washcloths, turned the faucet on and off to get the washcloth wet, and then brought it to Genna. I had no idea he was capable of understanding such a complicated command. And what was really cute was that he wasn't even asked to do it, he just did it because he wanted to help his big sister when she was crying. Yes, the boy is an ornery little stinker, but he certainly made up for a little bit of that today.

Jonah eating blueberries

Genna eating her blueberries

I think Genna needs a new dress. This one is getting a bit short.

Jonah loves blueberries. He scooted over to the edge of the steps to be as far away from Genna so he didn't have to share his blueberries with her. Then, when I gave Genna her second helping of blueberries, Jonah walked over to Genna and sat down beside her.


Hmmm. My blog seems to be much shorter without any weather commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment