I was reading an article about Seattleites and it said that residents of the city, among other idiosyncrasies, never use their windshield wipers, unless it's a total downpour. So, as I was driving from Whole Foods to Trader Joe's today, I noticed that the article was correct: my wipers were swishing away in the drizzle, but as I looked around, I only spotted two other cars with their wipers on. Then I started to feel a little self-conscious about my wipers. If it wasn't obvious by the gas-guzzling minivan that I drove, or the out-of-state license plates (or simply the fact that I was driving instead of taking a bike or bus), the windshield wipers were a dead give-away that I wasn't a local. So, I turned the wipers off for a few minutes. Annoying... so annoying. I couldn't stand all those droplets of rain on my windshield, so I turned the wipers back on, but only at the slowest intermittent frequency. This will take some getting used to.
Unfortunately, I only took a few uninspiring pictures just before the kids went to bed. They were running around the upstairs while Noah was watching them, so the kids just came out as blur. Noah's really the only one who was slow enough to capture.
|
This is how Noah normally "watches" the kids: iPhone in hand |
No comments:
Post a Comment