I woke up this morning to Genna running into my room and telling me, "Mommy, there's something wrong with the weather! It's sunny today." Yes, that is how my young children have been trained these past formative months in their lives: something must be wrong if it is sunny. It's a bit sad. Later in the day, Genna asked me why we don't put on "sun cream" anymore. Apparently some children at school were putting on sunscreen. I told her that where we come from, it's a bit ridiculous to put on sunscreen for 30 minutes outside on a mildly sunny, 62 degree day, but I don't think she quite understood. She just saw other kids getting something that she wasn't getting.
Jonah started out the day in a great mood. We spent almost two hours at the park this morning. I got to listen to my This American Life podcasts and make some phone calls, and Jonah had a fun time pushing trucks around the playground. But, before returning home, I wanted to stop at the store to buy some milk. I'm not exactly sure what tipped Jonah off, but he had a horrible temper tantrum. Definitely one of his worst at a store. Even the store clerk asked if there was something she could do to help. I said no. I would have just let Jonah scream for a while and get it out of his system, but I had to get back home to get Genna from school. It really should not take 25 minutes to take a 35 pound little boy out of a store and put him into a carseat, but it did. Jonah is really getting strong, and he's learning how to manipulate his body so I can't pick him up easily, especially with milk in one hand. When I bend down to pick him up under the armpits, he drops his shoulders, lifts his arms, and twists his body, so it is extremely difficult for me to pick him up. After trying a few times, I eventually was able to pick him up, wrap my left arm around him, and carry him in a football hold out of the store. He must be teething.
I got my rennet in the mail today, and made my first batch of mozzarella. Considering I cooked the milk a little too hot and used a little too much rennet, it came out okay. I think I'll have a better feel for it next time I make it. I can't wait to use it on my pizza!
 |
| Jonah got mad again today when I took out my camera to take his picture. |
 |
| Yes, that is the sun peeking out from behind the Buckeye tree. Why are there so many more Buckeye trees in Seattle than Columbus, Ohio? |
 |
| Some of the sidewalks are very steep on the way to the playground. Jonah calls them the "bumpy" sidewalks. |
 |
| My first three mozzarella balls. There are a little firmer than I'd like, but not bad for my first try. |
No comments:
Post a Comment