Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mr. Grumpy

Jonah must be teething again. At least that's the only thing that could possible excuse him from his cross behavior today. The morning started off fine. Jonah woke up in a good mood, paddled around the second floor talking and singing and then thumped downstairs to eat breakfast. He only ate one piece of french toast; in retrospect, this might have been my first clue that Jonah would not be easy today. After Genna started school, Jonah and I headed off to music class. He was okay in the car, but then hesitated to give up the water bottle to get out of the car for music class. Before we even walked into the classroom door, Jonah already started up with his "No! No! No!" About three minutes into the class, Jonah was in the center of the little singing circle, on his belly screaming. His word of choice today was "No!" There were a few pauses in his screaming, but during these rare moments he was either running around or talking to himself in the mirror. In either case, he was not participating in music class. During the subsequent screaming fit, Jonah and I left class. He had his hands in his mouth and was chewing pretty aggressively on the musical instruments, so my guess was that he was teething. We then went to the mall and I gave him a mango smoothie, hoping the thick cold drink might make him feel good. For being advertised as a "healthy" alternative, the drinks have an awful lot of sugar and calories in them, but without any other choices, I gave it to Jonah. He slurped it down and suddenly turned into an angel. So, I don't know if it was the coldness or the calories that Jonah wanted, but it did the trick. I even managed to pick out a pair of sunglasses and use my Groupon at The Body Shop; I normally wouldn't attempt both of these things in one trip to the mall, even if Jonah is already in a good mood.
Jonah looking relatively pleasant this morning, little did I know what was coming

Bedtime after a long day, shower, and an excellent tag on Genna's dinosaur costume with which to suck a thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment