Sunday, May 15, 2011

Summer clothes - not good

I wore my first short-sleeved shirt for the season today. Don't get excited... I still had to wear my fleece and rain jacket on top of it. In Baltimore, this would have happened about two months ago. And, what I discovered today was that I've gained weight over these past seven months in Seattle. Normally, when I start wearing my short-sleeved shirts and even capri pants in March, this is the time that I start getting excited for summer and assess if I need to do something about my holiday overindulging. This year, however, I've been able to hide behind long-sleeved shirts and bulky sweaters for an extra two months. This is not good. It's hard to say how much weight I've gained without a scale in the house, but I'm guessing about ten pounds. Honestly, I'm okay with it. I've really enjoyed my no-holds-barred cooking the past several months as well as exploring as many restaurants as we can in Seattle. It's a relatively small price to pay and only speaks to my success in developing my culinary skills and the cuisine in Seattle. That said, now that I'll be wearing short sleeved shirts, and hopefully shorts soon, I'll start paying a little more attention to the amount of activity with the kids as well as what I'm eating.

This is me trying to work the angle of the camera so I don't look like I've gained weight over the last few months. Also, Noah took my camera for a few days, so you'll be seeing a lot of PhotoBooth snapshots over the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment