I discovered today that Noah committed one of the mortal sins of parenthood: he used the last diaper in the diaper bag and did not replace it. There I was, in the middle of Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo, Jonah was squirming on a changing table with a soiled diaper of duck confit and mushrooms, and I was pulling out everything in the diaper bag in disbelief that Noah left the diaper bag diaperless. Fortunately my motherly instinct took over (which is a rare event because I don't believe in it). I cleaned off Jonah's bum, held him over the potty to make sure he had an empty bladder and put his pants on commando. We then left the zoo. Once we finally made it back to the car, I put on Jonah's emergency diaper that I always keep in the glove compartment. Fortunately, there were no accidents between the south end of the zoo and the north end of the zoo's on-street parking. By this time, we had walked so much that I didn't feel like going back to the zoo.
Even though our trip to the zoo was cut a little short, we did manage to see a peacock with all his feathers puffed out on display. I never realized how magnificent those birds are when the walk around with their feathers out. Their feathers and beautiful markings are completely symmetrical and it's quite a feat just to turn around. Their backside is also quite beautiful and stunning too. Of course I didn't bring my camera, so I couldn't take any pictures. Jonah was quite in awe of the bird too. We would have stared at him longer if I wasn't in such a hurry to get back to the car to get diaper on Jonah.
 |
| I took this picture the last time we were at the zoo. It looked pretty much the same except the person feeding the penguins didn't have a hat on. |
 |
| Jonah in the birdhouse |
 |
| Bird in the birdhouse |
No comments:
Post a Comment