Saturday, May 7, 2011

Friendly

I find the people of Seattle to be above average in friendliness. Drivers within the city are very willing to allow me to merge into their lane. At playgrounds, it's difficult to avoid a conversation with another parent. With all the pedestrian traffic in the city, there are all sorts of hellos, head nods and smiles on the sidewalks. And on a sunny day, it's like the whole city is in a communal celebration. We had a bit of sun today and the sidewalks started getting overcrowded with very pale people, blissfully walking along, smiling, and fumbling with their sunglasses. I saw a man close his eyes, face the sun and stretch out his arms as if he was in some sort of sun-worshiping cult. On our last sunny day, I was walking to the grocery store and three college students whizzed by me on their skateboards. One of them turned towards me and said, "Isn't it an awesome day!?" This friendly comment is not something I expect from a renegade skateboarder. Later, as I was walking to the park with Jonah, a 40-something man, who was briskly walking behind us passed us said, "Enjoy the beautiful sunshine." Weird. 

Jonah's favorite toy today was Noah's suitcase. Yes, that is Jonah's potty in the hallway. 

I'm not sure what Genna is doing here, but note the short pink pants, the grey leg warmers, and the ballet slippers. 

Jonah is pushing around the princess stroller, wearing Genna's pink fuzzy slippers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment