Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger on-line again

Blogger is finally up again and I can post my blog. They kept updating their website about problems that "the engineers were working on." The descriptions of the problems were vague because they probably weren't quite sure what had happened and how long the fix would take. I bet "the engineers" were completely stressed and pulling some long hours since their website, used by thousands, possibly millions, was down. After the website was up, they probably got some sleep and are back at work now doing some sort of postmortem assessment of everything that went wrong. Some people may not sleep again tonight. But, I'm sure they're all glad that the major problems were resolved before the weekend, although there's probably a small voice in their head worrying that the solution they implemented hadn't been fully tested and there will likely be some future problems, but hopefully they'll be on a smaller scale. Yes, I remember my days in IT. For the most part, I really liked my job, but I really didn't like when there were catastrophic issues. I really like problem-solving; I even like it under a little bit of pressure. I always did better under a little pressure, this worked out nicely with my procrastination issue. However, too much pressure wasn't pleasant. Thinking back to those circumstances, though few, I'm glad I don't have to deal with those kind of issues anymore. Thank you Blogger for giving me reason (though small) to be glad that I'm not working.

Instead, I now lead a glamourous life of soccer mom. Today we had gymnastics, then Magnuson playground, then lunch with Noah, then playdate with Blaise and little Genevieve (a one-year-old neighbor), then laundry, then grocery shopping, then dinner, showers and bedtime. I lead such a different life now.

Jonah unhappy that I'm taking his picture while we wait for Genna at gymnastics 

Jonah found a truck at the playground
Big truck

Genna trying to do some gymnastics at the playground

Jonah looking ornery

Fun at the playground

No comments:

Post a Comment