After music class today, I wanted to make sure that Jonah got plenty of exercise so he'd take a good nap. I looked at the map on our way home and saw a large green area that boarded the blue (lake) area on the map, so we stopped at Gas Works park. Much to Jonah's and my disappointment, the entrance sign did not indicate that there was playground equipment at this park, but we decided to check it out anyway.
Upon approaching the park, I realized it was the site of an old Gas Works plant. Instead of taking down the old factory, they decided leave it there as some sort of monument-history-sculpture thing. There were even a few faded signs outlining the process of the gas production facility. It was a bit odd.
Jonah was in a bit of a sour mood today and when I whipped out my camera to take his picture, he got mad. "No mommy! No camera!" Apparently, he was fed up with the paparazzi and just wanted to enjoy his Gas Works/old rusty equipment walk in the peace and quiet (of course with his purple princess stroller).
 |
| This is where Jonah is telling me to put my camera away. Note the old Gas Works facility in the background. |
The sun did come out a little bit on our walk. So despite the weird ghost-factory, the park did have a beautiful view of the city of Seattle. Jonah now recognizes and points to the Space Needle, saying "Pace Meedle." I feel like he's really growing up in Seattle. He wasn't talking when we moved here, and he had only been walking a few months prior. He definitely has a mild aversion to the sun, more so than anyone else in the family.
 |
| View from Gas Works Park |
 |
| Jonah clinging on to the purple princess stroller |
No comments:
Post a Comment