I think that Jonah is getting tired of music class. Unlike last week where we had to leave 20 minutes into the class, we at least made it through the entire class today. The normal routine is for mommy and toddler to sit on a carpet square together; toddler on mommy's lap. Jonah decided that today he wanted to sit on his own carpet square. Fortunately Miss Katy (the teacher) claimed Jonah's square as hers and persuaded Jonah to sit on my lap. He didn't sit on my lap for long, before the song was over, he was playing over by the chalk board, scrounging for any bits of chalk that he could find to scribble on the board. I'm so glad that Miss Katy remembers to put the chalk out of toddler-reach before class. Next, the scarves come out and we sing peek-a-boo songs. Jonah loves peek-a-boo, but we're both getting tired of this routine. I had to work really hard to get Jonah's attention for this. I even had to resort to a little bit of tickling. Then the little drums come out. Each toddler gets their own little drum for banging rhythms. Jonah tired of these drums about three weeks ago. Today, he wanted to make the drum a hat. It actually looked like a cute hat for him, but it kept falling on the floor making a loud
bang. Then he thought it would make a nice skateboard; that didn't work too well either so he wandered off and started hanging on the ballet bar. I usually let him do this since I don't think that his 35 pounds will pull the bar down, except today, two other toddlers decided that hanging on the ballet bar was more interesting than the drums. Jonah's music class has an abundance of
hefty boys (perhaps the slighter boys are all running around playing soccer, t-ball and gymnastics). So, a little worried about the sheer strength of the bolts, I had to chase Jonah off the ballet bar.
There were only two activities that Jonah fully participated in today: the drum stick song and the circle song. We had used the drum sticks several months ago, but because we hadn't used them in a while Jonah was interested in them. For the circle song, we all held hands and walked, then skipped around in a circle. This too was novel for Jonah since he got to hold somebody else's hand besides mine. We'll be returning to music class five more times (since that's how many classes I paid for), but then we'll be heading back to Baltimore and I'll have to find another activity for Jonah. We'll probably return to swim classes in Baltimore, since Jonah really seemed to love them (or at least he didn't get tired of them), but besides that I'm not sure.
 |
| Here's the photo I was going to upload yesterday when I discovered the photo upload feature wasn't working. Noah still has my camera, so I don't have any more pictures. |
No comments:
Post a Comment