Today was a perfect start to a Memorial Day weekend. After a leisurely breakfast and some family time spent organizing the playroom, Genna had a playdate with her friend, Ruby. Although a little chilly, the sun was mostly out today and everything seems more cheerful on a sunny day. While Genna was playing at Ruby's house, Noah, Jonah & I went to a new playground. I chuckle at myself a bit when I get excited about a new playground. It's always fun to find one that is both fun for grownups and kids. This one was by a reservoir, and was the perfect size for Jonah. It even had an old-fashioned merry-go-round. Then, the three of us went out to lunch. |
| Jonah was really a good kid today |
| I'm so glad that Jonah likes asian food. He loves edamame, noodles and rice. |
As the three of us were eating lunch, it reminded me how much easier things were with just one kid. The 2:1 parent-child ratio is just so much more advantageous to the grown ups. On the other hand, Jonah missed Genna terribly. After we dropped off Genna, and Jonah was sitting in the second row of the minivan all by himself, he started crying for Genna. It's just so nice to see how much they care for each other.
After Genna's playdate, we went home and Noah somehow got Jonah to take a nap. Genna, on the other hand, was a different story. After about 30 minutes, we gave up and I took her grocery shopping with me. She's actually pretty good when she goes grocery shopping with me, so we had a nice mommy-daughter afternoon. When we got back home we had pizza, which I'm now calling my "flatbread" since I have a hard time making them perfectly circular and "flatbread" seems to be the trendy word for pizza these days. We then took a nice neighborhood walk and ended the day with showers for the kids and laundry for the parents.
I'm hoping that the weather forecast comes true and we get to see the sun for the rest of the holiday weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment