I spend plenty of time with Jonah, so today was my day with Genna. We started off by going to the beach. The weather was dreadful - overcast, low 50's, and damp - but we put on our jackets and rainboots and walked along the beach looking for sea stuff. Genna found a nice assortment of seashells. She brought plenty back to share with Jonah and Noah. We also saw some crab legs and a few other sea creatures that washed ashore. My favorite part was that she wanted to hold my hand the whole time we were walking. Then we played in the sand for a while and after I started getting a little cold, we went out to a nice lunch.
 |
| Sandcastle |
 |
| I think she's smashing another castle here |
While we were eating lunch, there was a couple next to us that had boy about Jonah's age. After watching them wolf down their lunch and chase the little boy around the cafe, I was so happy to be eating a relaxing lunch with Genna, who was great and quite the slow eater. I even was able to thumb through a magazine at the cafe while Genna was finishing. We then went shopping for some summer clothes (for Genna). This was the first time I took Genna shopping for clothes. At first she didn't quite know what to do, but then when she realized how it worked, she started to have fun looking for summer dresses. Her favorite part was searching through the rack to find the right size; she is a size 110 (European sizes) and did a very good job of finding some nice dresses with the number 1-1-0 on the tag.
Cupcakes were next on the day's agenda, which Genna told me later, was her favorite part of the day.
 |
What kids would not like this?
|
 |
| Genna's cupcake was neapolitan - chocolate cake and strawberry & vanilla frosting. Mine was salted caramel. |
Finally, we went grocery shopping for dinner. I think that Genna had a good time today, and I had a really nice day with my little girl.
What a great day! I had a great day with Jonah that day, too. You're such a great mom! Our kids are lucky.
ReplyDelete